1. Go to Kinja.com.
2. Click the small avatar icon on the upper-left hand corner of the screen.
3. Select whether you'd like to login with Twitter, Facebook or Google.*
4. You will be prompted to enter a screen name and display name. Your display name will be the byline that appears alongside your content.
5. Once your registration is complete, you'll want to add an avatar photo. Click on that avatar menu in the upper-left hand corner of the page > Click on Account Settings > Avatar > Upload an avatar.
* If you would rather not use a Twitter, Facebook or Google account, a fourth option is available: A burner account.
To register a burner account, click the burner icon in the account creation screen.
Next, select create a new burner in the lower left-hand corner of the pop up window.
You'll be prompted to enter a display name and screen name. The display name should be your full name, what you'd want to appear as your byline on your Kinja posts.
At the end of the registration process, you'll receive a key. This is your only chance to write down this information. Kinja does not store this information and it cannot be reset for you. Please make sure you write it down before you close the window!